Before the City sleeps

As we lay our heads down tonight
will we remember the ones who faught this fight
with all the chaos that seems to be going on
I find it harder to breath, let alone move together as one.

In this time of emotionless Terror
do we lend out hearts or draw our guns?
In this time of desensitized Terror
do we lend our hands or fire these guns?

The mist creeps further in to the beautiful City
I lay awake with fear in my heart and I cant help but pity...
Pity the poor, pity the damned, the wretched and the fake
I pity the ones in charge, they cant see that there is more than just life at stake.

When, I say when will the echoes of fallen tears be drowned out by the winds of change?
When, please tell me when the dark senseless years will be replaced by the beautiful winds of change?

Comments

Popular Posts