Flying Solo (Part 2)

So after much anticipation and worry, it's all over. Just like that, almost as if it had never happened, like some surreal dream that only exists in that Beta phase of your sleeping. I recall sitting very quietly in the next room while Damian and Rob of Junkyard were performing, trying to get comfortable with my guitar, warming up to the bellowing blues that spilled from the stage. From the minute I stepped onto the stage behind the mic, I felt nerves flutter and push through every inch of my body. I opened with "Glassbox Coup" as that song has monumental resonances with me. I felt my fingers wanting to give in at moments but realized that I am in control of this and I need to actually relax and enjoy playing these songs, my songs. Once I calmed myself I opened up and sang from my soul. I loved every minute of it and felt so comfortable with myself... that's all I really wanted, was to just be at ease and play my songs the way I usually play them when I am alone.

Photograph by Matt Keeson

Comments

Popular Posts