While you were out

Today, while you were out, I went through your things.
I found photographs and letters.
I found money and woman's clothing.
I found lighters and spoons.
I found diaries and locks of hair.
I found marriage certificates and a shovel.
I pulled out the contents of your life onto the bedroom floor, I gazed at the picture that formed of who you actually were.
I felt a sense of fear, a moment of regret.
I knew that this was something I never could forget.
As the panic rushed through my body I felt a stranglehold on my heart.
I knew I had to leave here, I knew it from the start.
I remember crying and shaking as my hands packed everything perfectly back into its place.
Today, while you were out, I went through your things.
I shut the door and ran so far in hope to never see your face.

Comments

Popular Posts