Return to Nature

Yesterday I went on an adventure in the forest with two wonderful individuals to take a few photographs, a creative collaboration if you will. I love being involved in artistic projects like this but always struggle to pose for the camera, I feel awkward, unnatural and shy, it's so different to being on stage and singing. I always hope when doing something like this that the people I work with are easy going, fun loving and like minded and yesterday was simply magical. Lindsey had me climbing rocks, running through the forest barefoot, standing in icy mountain streams and swinging from a tree all the while Jacqui was right there to assist and help me feel comfortable and make me look good.

Apart from capturing really lovely pictures I found myself lost in thought of the natural and abundant beauty of the forest, the way the earth felt beneath my feet, the freezing water rushing over my feet and the way the the trees danced to the wind. It made me realise how separate we have become, are we not a part of nature, did our ancestors not live wild and free and have a deep understanding her cycles? How could we forget something so important as to listen and observe the beauty around us. Yesterday I felt vulnerable and insignificant, I felt intouch and also felt so empowered.

Not only did we manage to create something so honest and beautiful but I felt a shift in my thoughts and felt my soul restored with the beauty of our surroundings, but I feel as though I've also built a friendship with two incredible people and feel so honoured to be a part of this project. I urge you to take time out of your busy lives and go learn about the trees and the rivers, place your hands and feet in the earth and know what it means to be a part of this wondrous planet we call home.

Comments

Popular Posts